Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pineapple jam

Pineapple jam

Pineapple jam

It's always fun to pick the freshest fruits and make them into my own jam. When the jam is bubbling on the stove, it produces a sweet, pleasant aroma all around the house. It is also very satisfying to savor the taste of seasonal fruits year round. In last strawberry season, I made jam twice and it supplied enough for breakfast for half of the year.

This was my first attempt at making pineapple jam. It was awesome. I used it not only to spread on bread, but also for the filling in a bread recipe I created. I am also planing to make a pineapple jam tart soon.

Ingredients:

2 medium ripe fresh pineapple, peeled and finely chopped
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp lime juice
1/8 tsp cinnamon powder
1/8 tsp ground cloves

Pineapple jam

Method:

In a saucepan, combine all ingredients. Simmer about 55~60 minutes or until thickened over medium heat, stirring frequently. Skim off any foam. Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/4-inch head space. Adjust caps. Process for 10 minutes in a boiling-water bath.

Pineapple jam

No comments: